Get Involved – Volunteer
Our volunteers make the John K. Gott Library come alive. Without the dedicated services of its volunteers there would be no access to the library and its many resources. Currently the library is open Monday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon, and the 2nd Saturday of the month from noon-4 p.m. In the Fauquier Heritage and Preservation Foundation’s current Five-Year Plan there is a goal to have the library open five days per week. This cannot become a reality without more volunteers!
How would you like to help at the John K. Gott library? Please stop by the library and sign-up or fill out the on-line form for more information. We have a job for you! Following is a sampling of the current projects that need help:
- Photocopying obituaries, wedding/marriage announcements and other stories/information related to Fauquier County and local families
- Placing copies in vinyl sheet protectors and organizing material into notebooks
- Indexing information into computer files and hard copy
- Labeling and preparing catalogued books for the shelf
- Providing technical support (responding to e-mail, website updates)
- Assisting in keeping materials organized and properly stored
- Helping visitors find the information they seek
- Cleaning and dusting shelves and books.
If you are interested in becoming an FHPF volunteer, please call us at (540) 364-3440 or click here to send us an email.